Friday, March 24, 2006

I gotta say, this is one of the weirdest times ever in my life. I just decided to leave the ministry I've been working for the 6 years or so and I have no plan. I will lose my insurance and my paycheck and I don't know how I will pay my bills. Here's the deal: I'm trying to live what I've been saying I believe - that people should find what makes them come alive and then do it, work it into life because we need to keep our hearts alive to live who we were fully created to be. Know your heart and treat it well. Go for it even if it doesn't make sense. I would give this advice to anyone who was choosing between something good and purposeful and safe and something that was a little nuts without a plan, but that made their heart come alive. So why is it so scary to do it myself? Because I like to feel safe, taken care of and have a plan. I barely even have a resume. My skills are leading Bible studies and mentoring. That's funny. Like I can put that on a resume and get a real job. hahhhaaaa. So for now my best idea is ReCollections. www.recollectionsonline.com I filled out an appl. and gave it to them Tuesday. I'll see if I can make this work, but I don't think it'll cover bills. I want to do creative things - this is what inspires me, but have no trained skills in this. It's something I'll have to work on. Like Sonny Deavors says, "If you find a job you love, you never have to work a day in your life." But Frannie says it took him a long time to find it. Just like it took God 25 years to give Abraham his son. But he and Sarah both laughed at God because it seemed so absurd by that point. Is this comforting or sick? I'm not sure. I like Mr. Sonny and he made it. I'm still choosing to believe God has something, but I can't say it's not scaring the pants off me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home